House Cleaning Checklist Before Listing Your Home For Sale
Listing your home for sale is a big deal. Not only is it a place that you’ve created memories and spent a ton of your time, but it’s also opening up your home to let strangers walk-thru and see if it’s going to be a fit for them. Even though you might want to sell your house, that doesn’t make the process any more simple.
In order to get the most significant dollar amount for your home, there are some super simple things that you can do. This house cleaning checklist is not only an easy way to ensure a return for your efforts, but it also helps to keep you on track to know what needs to be cleaned and where you should concentrate on spending your time.
What is included in a basic house cleaning?
First and foremost, you don’t just want to do a basic house cleaning. If you’re trying to sell your home, you need to get it into your mind that you’re going to have to do a deep clean.
Basic cleaning is really only surface-level items, but when you have people looking at every nook and cranny in your home and trying to decide if they’re going to buy it, you need to be a lot more detailed in your cleaning practices.
How much do cleaners charge for a deep clean?
This is a valid question and one that you might want to consider. If you don’t have the time to properly deep clean your own home before selling, you might want to seek out the services of a professional in your area. But beware, the fees aren’t that cheap.
Expect to pay several hundred dollars, possibly more to have your home deep cleaned by a cleaning company.
The total price will depend on the square footage of your home. And while you may wonder if it’s a good investment or not, spending a few hundred dollars to have someone else clean your home may result in you selling your house quickly.
Here is a house cleaning checklist that you can use to get your home ready to put on the market.
If you’ve decided that you want to clean your home yourself to list it for sale, know that you aren’t alone. This is a typical choice for many homeowners as well.
Indoor cleaning checklist
Since potential buyers will spend most of their time looking around your house, cleaning the inside of your home needs to be a high priority.
- Clean baseboards around the edges of all rooms
- Vacuum and wipe down the window seals in each room
- Clean the inside and outside of all windows
- Wipe down the front of any cabinets and clean all cabinet handles and doorknobs as well
- Steam clean carpets in all rooms
- Wipe down the top of door frames and ceiling family blades in every room
- Clean out the closets and declutter them in every room
Outdoor cleaning checklist
- Declutter and sweep out garages and outdoor storage shed
- Purchase trash cans to have your trash bags in so they are out of sight
- Keep all outdoor plants watered and pruned to look as beautiful as possible
- Trim any bushes or shrubs so that they look uniform
- Clean the front door area and even paint it, if needed
- Stain any decks or wood areas that need to be updated
- Rake leaves in the yard and bag them up for trash
- Pull any random weeds from the yard or driveway that might be poking through
- Clean any debris from the gutters and make sure that the rain guards are properly on
- Don’t have anything leaning up or against the side of the house
See how simple it can be to keep your home looking as good as possible? There are even more things that you can do to clean the inside and outside of your home; but the items on this cleaning checklist should be high on your priority list.
The more steps that you take the make your home beautiful inside and out, the more potential buyers that you’ll have lined up to make a purchase! And remember, you can always add to your cleaning checklist but this is just a great way to get the ball rolling.
Add a Home Warranty Plan From HomeMembeship for added Peace of Mind For The Buyers
HomeMemership is kind of like a roadside assistance program for your car – but it protects your home. With a HomeMemership plan you will give your buyer peace of mind knowing that if a home appliance breaks or major system stops working, they would have one convenient number to call and one of our specialized, pre-vetted professionals will be on their way to repair or replace your covered item.
HomeMembership does warranties differently by making sure you understand what is and isn’t covered before you buy. Our built-in Q&A capacity during the checkout process helps make this promise a reality, and customizable plan options allow you to choose coverage that best fits your needs.
Plus it includes Members-Only Discounts towards home services, retail shops and more. From lawn care to interior decorators and carpet cleaners, our warranty offers immediate benefits that go beyond standard long-term protection. Your membership gets you discounts from local businesses on services for your home so you can save money now and later.
Add a HomeMemership Plan to give your buyer peace of mind in case anything breaks in their new home.
This House Cleaning Checklist can help you get your house ready to sell!